Improving student mental health in Higher Education - WHEF policy conference - 30th November 2021
I hope you can join us at Improving student mental health in Higher Education, taking place on the morning of Tuesday, 30th November 2021.
This conference will focus on priorities for supporting and improving student mental health as well as latest thinking on what policy support is necessary, best practice in multi-agency co-operation, and what is needed in the wake of the pandemic.
This will be an opportunity to discuss mental health among students in HE following the publication of the COVID-19 mental health and wellbeing recovery action plan earlier this year, which identifies children and young people as a key priority for suicide prevention and mental health support. Delegates will assess its proposals and the extent to which further support may be needed.
Following the relaxing of COVID restrictions, which have had a significant impact on the lives of students in HE over the past year, and the return of students to university settings this conference is well timed to consider how the pandemic has affected students’ mental health, and priorities for support and pastoral care going forward.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions on core issues, including:
- policy priorities for supporting student mental health - Estelle Kane, Senior Officer, Access and Inclusion, Office for Students
- mental health and suicide prevention - Lord Lucas of Crudwell and Dingwell
- next steps for university mental health - Rosie Tressler, Chief Executive Officer, Student Minds
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from the DfE; the Department for the Economy, NI; the DWP and the Welsh Government.
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
- video recordings - including slides - are also available to purchase
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference
To book places, please use our online booking form.