This webinar is for Teachers, SNA’s and Parents
This webinar looks at the changing environments and challenges facing children with Dyspraxia/DCD during the transition from primary school to secondary school. The webinar aims to provide families with a greater understanding of the challenges their child may face during this transition. Pro-active planning and preparation will also be discussed.
Areas to be covered include:
• Reviewing new expectations and potential challenges children may face as they transition to secondary school.
• Ideas on how you and your child can prepare for these transitions.
• Strategies to help children adapt and succeed in their new surroundings.
• Discussion of the potential supports available during this transition.
• Participants will have a greater understanding of the challenges associated with the transition to secondary school.
• Participants will develop knowledge of a number of pro-active strategies to help their child plan and prepare for the transition to secondary school.
• Participants will have a knowledge of a number of strategies and teaching techniques to aid the student with Dyspraxia/DCD in the new Secondary classroom setting.
• Participants will have developed awareness of the supports and resources available to assist during the transition process.
Facilitator Stephen Hodnett is a qualified occupational therapist and primary school teacher with over 10 years’ experience in the classroom, working in both mainstream and SEN settings. Stephen has worked with Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland and their members in recent times, including the development of the ‘Our say in our schools’ resource for schools by children with Dyspraxia/DCD.
|Course Start Date / Time||20-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||20-05-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||20-05-2021 11:00 am|
Tel: (094) 9020700