This webinar looks to provide teachers and SNAs with ideas, skills and strategies to help develop and promote positive mental health for children in the school setting. The webinar focusses on enabling teachers and SNA’s to help children develop health promoting skills such as positive problem solving and coping strategies to foster independent self -management and regulation.
This webinar will also look at strategies to help children manage and balance areas including self-care, productivity and leisure in their own lives.
Areas to be covered include:
• Self-awareness and regulation
• Self-esteem and self-image
• Breathing, stretching and meditation for children
• Balancing success vs struggle
• Incorporating growth mindset into school life
• Maintaining child life balance (Self-Care/ Productivity/ Leisure).
• Participants will have a greater understanding of the foundational aspects in working towards developing positive mental health.
• Participants will develop strategies and tools to help children develop independence in managing their own mental health
• Participants will have a greater understanding of the impact of ‘Growth Mindset’ on thinking and skills development.
• Participants will have gained knowledge of a number of practical and achievable mediation and breathing activities.
Facilitator: Stephen Hodnett is a qualified occupational therapist and primary school teacher with over 10 years’ experience in the classroom, working in both mainstream and SEN settings. Stephen has worked with Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland and their members in recent times, including the development of the ‘Our say in our schools’ resource for schools by children with Dyspraxia/DCD.
|Course Start Date / Time||04-05-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||04-05-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||04-05-2021 11:00 am|
Tel: (094) 9020700