Making an Effective Transition to Second-Level: Coping with Change
Webinar for teachers and parents of 6th class pupils/ In-coming First Year Students
Date: Monday 16th May 2022 at 7pm
Transitioning to second-level is a key life change - how 6th class pupils adapt to their new secondary school matters and has lasting consequences. The evidence points to preparation being key to young adolescents coping with change at an organisational, learning and personal development level. The objective of this important webinar is to highlight these changes and to facilitate a conversation which will enable teachers and parents to support and develop resilient young people and give them tools to be ready to cope with change as they transition from primary to second-level.
By the end of the webinar participants will:
1. Be aware of the need to prepare 6th class pupils for the transition to 2nd level
2. Be familiar with evidence supporting the need for preparation, including Irish pupils’ video testimonies
3. Identify, recognize and understand key changes the child will experience.
4. Have explored ways to help the child cope with change.
5. Be aware of useful resources to support the child through this key life change.
Course Facilitator: Dr. Fidelma Healy Eames, PhD, MSc, BEd.
Dr. Healy Eames is an experienced teacher, teacher educator, facilitator and parent. Director of Study and Careers, an educational consultancy with a learning, wellbeing and careers’ focus, she is the author of ‘Switching on for Learning: A Student Guide to Exam & Career Success’ see www.studyandcareers.ie/shop and online ‘learning to learn’ programme -see studyandcareers.thinkific.com- Fidelma has a long track record of working with teachers, students and parents. Her sessions are reputed to be thought-provoking, motivational and useful.
|Course Start Date / Time||16-05-2022 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||16-05-2022 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||16-05-2022 11:00 am|
|Speaker||Dr. Fidelma Healy Eames|
Tel: (094) 9020700