This presentation will introduce barriers to literacy acquisition. It will explain how the conditions experienced by some children can impede early acquisition of literacy. The presentation will show the type of interventions that are successful and the type of scaffolding that children may receive to help them progress to as normal a scholastic pathway as possible.
• Speech, Language and Communication Disorders (Developmental Language Disorder)
• Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
• General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
This presentation focuses on the above conditions from the point of view of how teachers can recognise them and the types of intervention which give children successful access to the full curriculum.
|Course Start Date / Time||28-09-2021 5:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||28-09-2021 6:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||16-08-2021|
|Cut off date||28-09-2021 11:00 am|
|Speaker||Dr Pauline Cogan|
Tel: (094) 9020700