In today’s technology-rich environment most of us feel woefully inadequate when it comes to knowing what our students are really experiencing when they use the internet. This is normal and to be expected. However, as teachers we have a fundamental duty of care to our students, and that means getting a grasp of the things that our children are experiencing online. The presentation will cover a wide range of topics related to all aspects of Safety while on line and will also include a forum for questions at the end of the session.
The topics covered during the session are as follows:
• Legislation and the implications around Cyberbullying
• The value of 'old fashioned' techniques.
• Apps to avoid and how Apps can be designed for malicious purposes.
• Gaming and Internet addiction
• The consequences to publishing or posting inappropriate content
• Technology solutions, tips and advice that can be used to manage our children's
Facilitator Jeremy Pagden, Managing Director of Schools Websites. For the last number of years, Jeremy has travelled all over the country delivering Cyberbullying & Internet Safety presentations to Teachers, Parents and Children of both Primary & Secondary schools.
|Course Start Date / Time||16-11-2021 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date / Time||16-11-2021 8:00 pm|
|Cut off date||16-11-2021 11:00 am|
Tel: (094) 9020700